A Scientific Interpretation of "Ractopamine"
Release date: 2016-08-24
1. Ractopamine is a beta-stimulant compound, belonging to the second generation of lean meat
Ractopamine is a synthetic beta-adrenergic agonist (commonly known as beta-stimulant) class of compounds. It is a low-toxic, fast-metabolizing clenbuterol developed by the American pharmaceutical company and belongs to the second generation Clenbuterol. Because of its role in regulating protein synthesis, it is also known abroad as a protein redistribution agent (Repartitioner). It is mainly used in the treatment of bronchial asthma, congestive heart failure, and muscular dystrophy.
Ractopamine is far less toxic than other lean extracts with the same function. Conventional doses of Clenbuterol can be metabolized and excreted in the body without causing harm to the body. However, excessive intake of ractopamine can cause different degrees of toxic reactions in the human body. The symptoms are similar to those of animal poisoning. Symptoms include muscle tremor, paralysis of the limbs, tachycardia, arrhythmia, abdominal pain, muscle pain, nausea and dizziness. Severe cases can cause hypertension, heart disease and even death.
2. At present, different countries have different regulations on the scope of application of ractopamine in the aquaculture industry.
When the amount of ractopamine used is 5 to 10 times that of clinical use, it can increase the carcass protein content, reduce adipose tissue, and effectively increase lean meat rate and feed utilization. At present, the maximum residue levels (MRL) of ractopamine in pigs and cattle formulated by the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC) are: muscle 10μg / kg, fat 10μg / kg, liver 40μg / kg, kidney 90μg / kg, daily The allowable intake (ADI) is 0-1 μg / kg. Countries around the world have different regulations for the application of ractopamine in the aquaculture industry. In 24 countries and regions including the United States, Canada, Japan, Mexico, Brazil, and Australia, ractopamine can be used as a lean meat extract in livestock and poultry farming to increase the protein content and lean meat rate of animals; but in the EU, China In Russia, Russia and other countries, such drugs are completely banned in animal husbandry. The use of β-stimulant animal products is not allowed in Taiwan, China.
3. China bans the production, sale and use of ractopamine in animal farming
In 2002, the Ministry of Agriculture, the former Ministry of Health, and the former State Drug Administration jointly issued the "Catalogue of Drugs Prohibited in Feed and Animal Drinking Water" (Ministry of Agriculture Announcement No. 176) prohibiting the use of ractopamine in animal breeding . On December 5, 2011, the six ministries and commissions of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the Ministry of Agriculture, the Ministry of Commerce, the former Ministry of Health, the State Administration for Industry and Commerce, and the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine issued a joint announcement (No. 41, 2011), which requires that they be in China today. Prohibit the production and sale of ractopamine.
1. Control from the source to minimize meat safety risks. Livestock farmers should strictly ban the use of ractopamine in farming at the source. Strengthen the monitoring of feed production and distribution processes, and management of pig, cattle, sheep and other farms, and promote simple, fast and accurate detection methods.
2. Supervision departments strengthen supervision of imported meat products. In view of the increase in China's livestock meat imports in recent years, the supervisory authorities should strengthen the supervision and random inspection of drug residues in imported meat products while strictly controlling the quality of domestic meat products, and prohibit unqualified meat products from entering China.
3. Consumers must rationally understand the safety of meat products. The Food and Drug Administration ’s meat and meat product sampling pass rate was 96.6% in 2014 and 2015. For unqualified products, especially individual batches of ractopamine, the relevant units are required to take measures such as removal from shelves in time. Tracing to the source and strict investigation.
Consumers should take a rational view of meat safety and focus on purchasing from formal channels. At the same time, we must pay attention to the results of sampling inspections announced by the food and drug regulatory authorities at this level, and do not purchase unqualified products announced by the regulatory authorities.